Your On-Line Tv

1 comments - Post a comment


This post is written by guest blogger Jasmin, top commentator for March 2008. Read more about your chance to be guest blogger.


From time to time I would recommend everybody to read Leo Babuta's blog. That blog has made it huge in no time. It took only one year for that blog to reach the magic figures of thousands readers and subscribers.

I am not going to talk about Zen here or how to reach the goals of the driving huge traffic to your blog. What I am trying to highlight here is something for what I believe it lies beneath of every success. It's the question of productivity. So you might wonder – what on the earth Zen, productivity and blogging have in common?

Obviously, a lot. Using internet today could be done right or the wrong way, like everything else. Even if you are, like me – a blogger who is not occupied with reaching huge traffic or you are doing your post for the sake of own, very personal motives, you can easily adjust your aspirations and turn the time you are spending on-line into a weapon for making your efficiency stronger and more productive.

People used to say before– Go to bed early, early rise. I think that today is more appropriate to say: Do not watch so much of television, better you find something interesting on-line. Everybody has their own niche and the field of interest. So the next time when you spend hours and hours watching the TV – you may want to ask your self what is the bottom line. There was a channel on cable TV with very interesting shows, documentaries mostly. For me it was very enjoyable to watch it and many times I have found myself spending precious hours in front of the TV-screen. But one of the reasons that contributed to my final decision to throw the TV out of my apartment was the interview that I have chance to read given by the head chief of that very same documentary channel.

Among the other things this guy said this: The only think that our company strives for is to keep the attention of our audience from the time of one commercial till the time of the next one. After hearing this I finally took my decision to stop watching even this program which was one of the rare things that I was consuming on television. My TV set and DVD home theater are now in closet. Next time when I wish to look a good documentary I could easily find it on many video services on- line. True - the video quality is not so great but one more thing is more important – I am watching what I want and when I want and there are no endless commercials. So if we go back to the Zen related concerns we could see that quality related time is being of the huge importance more than ever. Whatever your niche might be it is not hard to understand what the thing is taking your precious time in the hugest bites.
It all boils down to the question of the output.

It is not hard to imagine the huge wasting of time forever lost by watching idealess TV programs. You could use that hours better – to be a better writer or web- developer, to find more about a foreign language that is interesting you, or to write a guest post for another blog like I am doing it now.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

This Post has 1 Comment Add your own!
SSB - 23 May 2008 at 19:24

This is right up my alley. I studied broadcast journalism. We pay for cable right? Well, so do the companies advertising. I don't do cable.

Post a Comment