How to Search For PDF Files and Avoid Hoaxes

1 comments - Post a comment

The best way to find interesting documents and e-books on the web is to use Google. All you need to do is to type filetype:PDF in search box with your search term and you are done.

Last few days many bloggers reported about new PDF search engines out there and I was really surprised when I checked them out. I'm talking about PDFGeni and PDF Search Engine.


While PDF Geni still in beta, they work in same way. Actually they are so similar I wouldn't be surprised there is same author(s) behind both services. They look the same, they have same functionality and they are both hoax.


You can check for yourself how much Google is generous with results. I got 561k for "Ajax", 662k for "Olympic Games" and outstanding 8.980k for "NASA". That's a lot! I'm sure if I wanted to find something specific within those results I can. Now back to the "new PDF search engines". PDF Geni will give you 32 results on any request and PDF Search Engine is just a bit better, you will get top 50 results. Problem is that's all! There is no 2nd and 3rd page. This is the key of the hoax. If you want to see more results, you might be tempted to click on arrows just on top of results list, but that's just Google's ad, nothing more. Completely the same story with both websites and completely useless services.

How those "web services" got so much reviews on blogs I really don't have a clue. If they payed for them, they must be very rich. And what about bloggers who wrote about them, will their authority ever be questioned? I guess that's in the hand of readers.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

This Post has 1 Comment Add your own!
asepz - 24 August 2008 at 08:36

this information is really help me bro..thanks..

Post a Comment