Easy Transition to New Feedburner Explained

6 comments - Post a comment

You are maybe not aware, but Google is moving all Feedburner accounts to their servers. If you haven't already, you will be notified about it, because action is required! I hope you entered accessible e-mail address and you remember your password. This shift will have to end in next month or so.

Here is how to easily make a transition with few steps. It takes only a couple of minutes. Please, remember if you are now ready of this, wait for Google instructions, I'm not taking any responsibility for your mistakes. Thanks.

First, go to feedburner.com and sign in with your username and password.



When you log in, you'll see new notification with yellow background on page top area. Click on 'Move your account now'.


Next screen will ask you to choose if you want to use existing Google account or create new one. If your blog is on Blogger, like this one, you can use same account.


Next step is simplest one, just click Continue :)


You are all set to go, when you are ready click on Move Feeds.


Transition usually lasts under 1 minute, but it may be longer. After successful move, you will be notified about it. You are done! Go to feedburner.google.com, log in with your Google account username and password and that's it. I have enabled PingShot, usefull pinging service available on publicize tab. Not sure if this existed with old Feedburner, but was switched off by default.



Don't forget that your feed url is now changed to feed2.feedburner.com/yourname, but older links will redirect to this one, so no worries there.

Have you swithed already to new feedburner and did you noticed any changes in subscribers number?

This Post has 6 Comments Add your own!
Hobo ........ ........ ........ - 29 January 2009 at 09:15

Yes, I swithed to new feedburner and I noticed O subscribers number.

admin - 29 January 2009 at 11:14

and how many subscribers did you have before? They say drop lasts very short period

Jude - 30 January 2009 at 13:15

I was just at feedburner today to turn off the item click link so my feed would show my title and not be redirected to feedburner and didn't even notice the transfer thing. I have just moved my blog feeds over and now my feed numbers showed up again because they were zero and now they're back. Thanks for pointing this out in the forum...Jude

Hobo ........ ........ ........ - 30 January 2009 at 23:22

I read your blog and switched to new feedburner without checking how many subscribers I have before.
Why ?

EddieGarcia - 18 February 2009 at 07:17

I am a very recent subscriber to FeedBurner and haven't used it too much thus far, but I will wait for the notification before I switch over. Thanks for the heads up on this transition.

Eddie Garcia
eddiegarcia08@gmail.com

admin - 18 February 2009 at 12:31

don't mention it
nice articles on network marketing btw

Post a Comment